Top Tips when Buying a Bed
The following are some general tips which are worth bearing in mind when buying a new bed:
- Decide your priorities and concerns in advance. For example, is it: price, storage, access to bedroom, turning the mattress, getting in and out of bed, overall size or shape, a health issue, etc
- If possible, try a selection of beds for comparison before you buy. Set aside enough time to do the job properly so you can appreciate the differences.
- Buy for correct support and comfort for your weight and build – not just firmness.
- Wear comfortable clothing, remove any outdoor gear and lie on the bed for quite a long time – at least 10 minutes. Lie down in your normal sleeping position and make some turns, too.
- If the bed is for two people, you should both try it.. You both need to feel comfortable.
- Don’t forget a bed is a mattress and a base working together – don’t consider them in isolation.
- Think big – larger beds are more comfortable. Being disturbed by a sleeping partner is one of the most common complaints. With a larger bed you are less likely to disturb one another.
- Check dimensions. Bed sizes are not standardised and even if they have the same name (eg King size) they may not be the same size – especially if the mattress and base are not from the same manufacturer.
- You get what you pay for – both in product and service – so spend as much as you can afford. Consider the cost in the context of the life span of the bed. It's a funny thing that most of us would think nothing of spending much more money, on a car for example, with which we spend much less time.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Keep Updated with the latest offers, sales and preview events
We Would like to offer you the chance to join our Mailing List. We will use this to update you on special offers, forthcoming promotions and new products at Sienna Home Furnishings - ensuring you receive the best value and the latest information on our latest lines. There will also be extra special promotions available only to our Mailing List customers providing you with even better value!JOIN MAILING LIST
COVID19 Guidelines Update / Jan 2021
In line with the latest government guidelines regarding level 5 restrictions, our showroom is temporarily closed.
Our team is working in the background and available to answer your calls and emails, so please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.Close